Very Simple Way To Restore Odoo Database Via Web Interface
If you are willing to restore the odoo database, or, moving to another server, it can be done by restoring a zip file that you are already keep from backing up the database. The step is pretty easy, you just have to go to yourServerIP:8068/web/database/manager and do a restore there. For example, the address is 192.168.1.229:8069. If you successfully access that, this database manager will show up. Click on Restore Database.
|Odoo database manager menu
After that, fill in the information as you need to. You can refer to the numbered list below to see the details.
- Master Password, can be obtained or set inside odoo.conf file. in my case, it's in /etc/odoo-server.conf and directory may vary but the default value mostly in /etc/odoo/
- File, is the .zip formatted file that you obtained after backing up the database
- Database Name, as it says, it will be your database name
- Leave other settings as picture above and then click continue to restore
- Wait around 5-20 minutes depending how big your database is. After that, you can open your database and login as usual.