Resizing Macbook Bootcamp Partition Without Formatting it All
Based on official apple forum here, resizing mac's bootcamp partition is possible. I did this before, and resizing partition is fully working. You can head to thread above, or follow these step below. I will make it as simple as possible.
|bootcamp - source : apple support|
- Backup every data in bootcamp partition first, i recommend to copy it to other computer or external drives;
- Create a space using diskutil (Disk Utility) in your mac, and create an empty spare by deleting unwanted partition or shrink your available partition so bootcamp will be able to expand;
- Restart mac and boot into bootcamp;
- After booting into bootcamp, download and install Mini Tool Partition. Then, open the program;
- Choose bootcamp partition, and select expand. It will now merge the available space to itself and you now may see it has more space than before;
- Save to apply setting, and restart computer to get job done.
Now try to check the partition of your bootcamp. It should be expanded.