Remotely Install Operating System Using HP Integrated Lights Out (iLO) in any HP Servers
If you working as server administrator and willing to install system operation remotely, it can be done by following this step :
- As title said, make sure your server is HP branded, because this tutorial works only for HP server that supports iLO;
- Make sure your iLO is configured in iLO setup. For mor information, see how to setup and configure iLO here;
- Here is the link to do HP iLO download, and install it to your remote computer. Also, download your desired OS iso file too so it can be mount later;
- Open iLO software from your remote computer, and connect directly to server by typing iLO's IP address, then login into it using username and password you set before.
- After successfully logged in, select virtual drives, and select image file that you've been download before.
- Select power switch, and select momentary press
- Wait until your machine boot into desired OS.
Now, you are able to install it remotely.