Install Pycharm .tar.gz in Your Linux Debian Machine
So today i finished a dual-boot of my windows and Linux alongside with each other. I'm going to move my development code and repository to this new OS.
|pycharm - source : wikipedia|
As always, I'm struggling when installing "something new". In this case, installing a package with .tar.gz in Linux is my first time, to be honest. So i found a way to install it.
- First, download your pycharm from official Jetbrain site
- Then, open your Linux terminal
- Enter superuser by typing
- Type this command to get into your download folder where pycharm located
- After you are in the same directory with your pycharm file, type in
tar -xzf pycharm_package.tar.gz -C /var/opt/
- Step number five is extracting the file into /var/opt/ folders in your sistem. Now, get to that folder by typing
- Then get inside the bin folder where the "exe" located by typing
- Now you just have to type command below to run it
- Begin your installation until finished.